By Suoyo Ekubo
Antenatal care plays a crucial role in ensuring a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery. Regular check-ups, screenings, and guidance from healthcare professionals support you and your baby’s well-being.
Here are Some take Home Reasons You Should Prioritize your health and your baby’s well-being with regular antenatal care.
1. Early and consistent antenatal care helps monitor the progress of your pregnancy and ensures early detection of any potential complications.
2. Regular visits help monitor your baby’s growth and address any concerns.
3. Regular screenings detect conditions like gestational diabetes and preeclampsia.
4. It gives you access to educational conversations that cover nutrition, exercise, and childbirth preparation.
5. Antenatal care offers an opportunity to discuss your birth plan, learn about labor and delivery, and receive support for any emotional or psychological challenges you may be experiencing.
Locate any Primary Health Care facility close to you to begin your antenatal care. Delivery is free in our rural health centers after 4 ANC visits.