By Mitchelle Uzorka
1. The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, his Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Zacchaeus Adangor, SAN and others earlier today May 17th, 2022, outside court sessions plotted to illegally amend charges already preferred on Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo, PDP Governorship aspirant in Rivers State and Member Representing Degema/Bonny Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives. Recall that the case before the court had been adjourned to Friday, May 20th, 2022.
2. Governor Wike and Adangor, SAN, both supposed lawyers and who are expected to act within the modicum of their profession and with sterling references owing to their current stations, are instead emboldened to continue with the brazen rape on the Country’s Judiciary having seen to the successful Judicial coup d’etat of May 13th, 2022, when a case earlier adjourned to May 16th was brought forward to that day without notifying the defendant (Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo) nor his legal team. Infact an unconscious Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo was bundled into the Court premises by four abled police officers and put on a stretcher in the court where Justice Chiwendu Nwogu attempted to sacrilegiously get his plea on that said day.
3. Recall that on May 12, a day earlier, the Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt had granted Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo bail but the Rivers State Police Commissioner, Friday Eboka, acting on the directive of Governor Wike through his Camp Commandant, Efeturi Irikefe, bluntly and disgracefully disobeyed and ignored the Court Order in order to perpetrate the unprecedented Judicial malfeasance of May 13th, 2022.
4. Today, May 17th, 2022, basking in the pyrrhic victory of May 13th 2022, and further buoyed by the loud silence of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, National Judicial Council, NJC, the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, and the Inspector General of Police, all superiors to the actors that were contracted to spit on the judiciary and the police, attempted to, through the back doors, amend the charges against Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo.
5. Having seen and observed first hand yesterday, May 16th, 2022 how its lead counsel, Zacchaeus Adangor SAN, who also doubles as the Rivers State Government Commissioner for Justice and Attorney- General was thoroughly trounced by Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo ‘s lead counsel, Cosmos Enweluzo, SAN, the State Government knew their trump up charges would not hold water and already heading for the rocks and in order to save its face, had to resort to the latest devious means, intended not only to continue the bastardization of the Judiciary but to continue with the illegal incarceration of Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo.
6. We consider it blasphemous and preposterous not only to the judiciary, but to humanity for Governor Nyesom Wike, during the book presentation in honour of Justice Mary Peter-Odili as part of activities marking her retirement from the Supreme Court of Nigeria and her 70th Birthday celebration in Port Harcourt, to challenge the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, to go beyond issuing of statements, to taking concrete actions against attacks on the nation’s judiciary. Such hypocritical statements from a Presidential aspirant! It is in tandem with Governor Wike’s style of pointing accusing finger while the remaining four fingers point back at him as being four times guilty of what he is accusing others.
7. It is now crystal clear to us that Governor Wike will stop at nothing in ensuring that Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo does not get justice on these politically motivated charges. He said it recently at a Church Thanksgiving Service in Port Harcourt that he will ensure that the Federal Lawmaker ‘ go in’ for the trump up charges. It was all orchestrated and planned. From the National and State Assembly screening exercise where he directed his Camp Commandant, Efeturi Irikefe to shoot sporadically and in turn accused Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo and subsequently declared him wanted ( even though as a lawyer he knows he has no such powers), to how he employed his other willing tool, the State Commissioner of Police, Friday Eboka to see to light the executive rascality. Now, he is railroading the Judiciary to do his bidding and the Judiciary is silent on the alarming rape.
8. For reminder, all these delays and underhand tactics are designed to prevent Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo from participating in the PDP Governorship primaries and more alarming and from source to allow the poisonous substances already infused on Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo to spread through his body, so by the time he regains his freedom, he will be a walking corpse. According to the source, a further poisonous substance, more lethal is being planned on adding to the earlier ones. Already the perilious health condition the Federal Lawmaker is in now, is a testament.
9. This information is for lovers of democracy and rule of law, international communities, civil society organisations and others to hold Governor Nyesom Wike, Commissioner of Police, Friday Eboka, Rivers State Attorney-General and Commissioner of Justice, Zacchaeus Adangor SAN, Wike’s Camp Commandant, Efeturi Irikefe, Head of Operation Sting Command, Nengi Jephtah and others, responsible for anything untoward on Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo.
10. Thank you.
SA Media and Publicity to
Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo