By Chukwuma Bliss Blessing
The management of the Port Harcourt Boat Club organized and held their annual happy hour on Monday the 3rd of October 2022.
Portharcourt Boat club annual happy hour celebration is done to bring the club of Elites, Royal Highnesses, Tycoons, Majesties and Juggernauts back to life and full functionality. This act is to attract new Investors , Members and Business in order to keep up and boost the relationship the club had and intend to have with old and future members, investors and others in business.
The club informed and invited their Able and Dynamic Performing Executives, Honorable Trustees, Honorary Members , Supporting Members and Selected Members of the General Public to its happy hour.
The Port Harcourt Boat Club was founded in 1947 and is located at the Reclamation Road Town , Old Port Harcourt Township , Rivers State .
The happy hour was filled with lots of fun and activities and the guests enjoyed the natural sea breeze and waves .
Members and intending members present had the opportunity to get well acquainted, discuss and liaise on how to move the club forward.
The guests and members also went on a boat cruise and they partied into the night and of course, there was a lot to eat and drink .
The Port Harcourt Boat Club has also set up a new caretaker committee member that will function for six months and during this period the new committee must strive to accomplish these laid down targets:
– Mobilize old and new members in order to Resuscitate the club back to its lost glory .
– To make efforts to reach out to the Executive Governor of the state who by the club’s constitution is the Commodore of the club.
– Reach out to Honorary Members as stipulated in the constitution ( Naval Security Services , Brigade Commander , Nigerian Army Port Harcourt , State Commander Civil Defense) .
– Ensure that Members are up to date with their Annual subscriptions and other levies .
– Source for funds to upgrade the physical structures of the club .
– Conduct Annual General Meeting within their Tenure to elect Management Committee for the club .
– Engage in any other Legitimate Ancillary Activities that will enhance the Corporate Image of the club with the Corporate Affairs Commission Abuja .
The new committee members are HRH KING DR. KROMA A. ELEKI JP chairman, PROF. MIEBAKA T. DAGOGO Vice chairman, HH CHIEF ATAWUNG O AWOH secretary, SIR DAN HARRISON Treasurer, MR NEWTON ENWEANI Membership Secretary, ENGR. EMMA GEORGE-WILL Boating, MR ERNEST ALLISON JP Bar and kitchen, ENGR. BOWADUA NGIANGIA House and ground, CHIEF HENRY MICAH Socials, AMAOPUSENIBO FUBARA HART Ex officio.